Here is a historical story about a woman who was chosen among many beautiful women form the then powerful empire of Persia and made the queen of Persia, despite her Jewish origin. Her name is Queen Esther.
Here is the summarized account of her story: ———————————–
And Mordecai had brought up Hadassah, that is, Esther, his uncle’s daughter, for she had neither father nor mother. The young woman was lovely and beautiful. When her father and mother died, Mordecai took her as his own daughter.
8 So it was, when the king’s command and decree were heard, and when many young women were gathered at Shushan the citadel, under the custody of Hegai, that Esther also was taken to the king’s palace, into the care of Hegai the custodian of the women. 9 Now the young woman pleased him, and she obtained his favor; so he readily gave beauty preparations to her, besides her allowance. Then seven choice maidservants were provided for her from the king’s palace, and he moved her and her maidservants to the best place in the house of the women.
15 Now when the turn came for Esther the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her as his daughter, to go in to the king, she requested nothing but what Hegai the king’s eunuch, the custodian of the women, advised. And Esther obtained favor in the sight of all who saw her. 16 So Esther was taken to King Ahasuerus, into his royal palace, in the tenth month, which is the month of Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign. 17 The king loved Esther more than all the other women, and she obtained grace and favor in his sight more than all the virgins; so he set the royal crown upon her head and made her queen instead of Vashti. (Esther 2)
- why was Esther chosen among the many beauties? Here is a brief summary: She had been given grace and favor from God and thus from man.
- The young woman was lovely and beautiful
- Esther also was taken to the king’s palace
- Now the young woman pleased him (the eunuch in charge), and she obtained his favor
- and he moved her and her maidservants to the best place in the house of the women
- And Esther obtained favor in the sight of all who saw her
- The king loved Esther more than all the other women
- and she obtained grace and favor in his sight more than all the virgins
James 1:16-18New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.